The city of Santa Monica offers a comprehensive range of rebates related to landscaping. In this popular lawn rebate program, residents can get a rebate of up to $4,500 when they opt to replace lawn with sustainable landscaping. Since April 8, 2015, the Santa Monica Lawn Rebate Program’s conditions and eligibility has changed. The revised rebate process is highlighted below.
The Rebate Process.
Here are 7 simple steps to get your lawn rebate in Santa Monica:
- Step 1: Fill out the online application
- Step 2: Wait for email confirmation and Installer Guidelines after your eligibility has been approved.
- Step 3: Remove your lawn and cap after your eligibility has been approved.
- Step 4: follow the Installer Guidelines to install climate-appropriate plants and mulch.
- Step 5: The installer and the applicant should sign the Installer Guidelines and have it emailed to staff.
- Step 6: Schedule an inspection time. This is the most crucial step of the rebate program. The installer also has to be present to turn on the system and fix any issues that may arise during the inspection. If you fail to pass the inspection, your rebate will be denied.
- Step 7: Wait for 4 weeks to receive your rebate check once you pass the inspection.
What you Need to Know about the Rebate Program
Now that you know about the steps involved in the rebate program, the following are some points to take note of:
- Changes can be made on the rebate program at any time without notice
- Maximum rebate is $4,500
- Spray irrigation is not permitted
- Rebate program has to be maintained for at least 3 years
- The city processes only one landscape rebate per property.
These are some of the most important pieces of information about Santa Monica Lawn Rebate Program.